Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cream Cheese Corn

8 ozs cream cheese, softened
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
2 cans shoe peg corn, drained
1 can chopped green chilies, do not drain
salt and pepper to taste


  1. Stir together all ingredients.
  2. Pour into buttered casserole dish.
  3. Bake at 350ยบ for 20 to 30 minutes, to heat through.

Notes: This should amply serve 6 and is a particular man-pleaser. I triple the recipe for gatherings. Leftovers heat and eat well.

______________________________

2 comments:

Annie T. said...

I can attest to the Cream Cheese Corn...it's yummy, yummy!! The first time I ever had it was at Aunt Judy's during a reunion in which CarolineNot wowed us all with her culinary ability. Like you said though, not everyone's tastebuds are equal. I've made this recipe since then & found that the men in my families don't care for it, but the women love it. So, I don't get to eat it as often as I'd like, but I highly recommend it...at least to all you women!

CarolineNot said...

I'd like to say you just married into the wrong family, Cousin Annie, but they're a fine bunch, indeed. Go figure, and my apologies to your fellows.

Note: Cousin Annie's men unswallowing in the comments box.