Thursday, April 3, 2008

Recipes

It seems a bit curious when cooks develop or acquire recipes and hold them as closely guarded secrets, so that they might be the only women on earth able to produce the fare. I like strokes just as much as the next person, but let's just share the fat ... calories ... love, shall we?

There is the matter of personal taste to consider. For example, Loo took Coconut Strawberries to a company feast, and several people came drooling for the recipe. The CEO, however, raced to her desk and announced in his thick, Italian accent, "Loo, Loo, this is terrible! How can you eat this!?" Sometimes there's no accounting for taste. *snort* I'll be posting recipes for fare our family deems tried and tasty.

Hopefully, you'll find at least a tidbit or two that strikes your fancy. Or if your fancy is offended, I reckon you can unswallow in the comments box.

1 comment:

Annie T. said...

OK....Where's the Oatmeal Cake recipe??? When in Monterey, I was looking thru Renee's cookbook of faves that she had made & lo & behold, Oatmeal Cake was included. Her comment was much like yours when I told her I'd never tried it. "You've never had Oatmeal Cake?" Gotta try it!!! Please, please, CarolineNot, send me your recipe! I'll ask Renee for hers, too, & compare.

Thank you! ºÜº